Monday 12 October 2009

Nightblog 1


"I was moving through the silence without motion..."

Start - 5.20  End - 5.52

10C.  Dry.  Still.

Bit of a stomachache this morning so took it easy.... Passed one car the whole journey... best thing about this mad cycling in the dark nonsense!

Nostalgiac memories of taking our dog 'Bramble' (a half breed alsation, no less.... my mum named him!) walks at half five in the morning when we lived in Oxenwood. I'd have been 11 or 12 maybe... The early morning definitely has a magical feel to it... I get exactly the same feeling I used to get back then too.

There's a bloke who must walk his dogs (whippets maybe? dunno, go past him so fast!!) round the dark side of Cademuir at the same time each day as he was there yesterday... Shouted a half mumbled 'morning' to him but never heard a reply. Must make friends with PossibleWhippet guy!

Must remember 3 drains then pothole on the way back!

No comments:

Post a Comment