Tuesday 13 October 2009

Nightblog 2


"I was moving through the silence without motion..."

Start - 18.57  End - 19:52 

Av Speed 15.9

13C.  Dry for 14 miles   Rain for 1!.  Still.

Excited when I got home from work as there was a parcel and I was expecting my new cycling shoes from Wiggle.com... Call me thick but it took me about 10 minutes figuring out how the bloody ratchet clip worked! Anyway, soon found out that they're useless without the cleats (which should be here tomorrow) and I've got new pedals coming too... yep.. .seriously addicted!

Great cycle tonight.. first nightride down to Traquair and back... very light traffic and I really seemed to fly back... Managed to keep the in the lower set of gears for about 95% of the ride I'd say with a only really the hills after Kailize and Cardrona requiring the big gun gears!

A lot of the road has forestry to either side and it was a bit spooky riding through there in the silence with all the wildlife scuttling around in the undergrowth... Still probably added another couple of MPHs to my speed!
Huge owl swooped down over me coming past the stables too... very impressive.
Huge drops of rain started falling almost exactly as I re-entered the warm welcoming glow of Peebles' street lamps... so I'm off for a shower and then some soup.

Been a Joy Division kind of day... Managed to fit both Unknown Pleasures and Closer in and a bit of The Fall's 'This Nations Saving Grace' on the way home... Mark E Smith-uh forever-uh!

No comments:

Post a Comment